I’m having trouble putting it into words. I just made this a few minutes ago and had just a few bites. I have to share immediately. Eating maple syrup candied bacon is a life-changing experience.
This recipe has zero frills. The maple syrup and bacon stand on their own–no other spices or seasonings getting in the way.
Let’s get straight to it.
Pure Maple Syrup Candied Bacon Recipe
- 3/4 lb bacon
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup (the real stuff)
- heavy pinch kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a half sheet pan with foil for easy cleanup. On top of the foil, place your wire cooling rack.
2. Toss ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Lay the bacon on the wire rack, making sure to fit it all as best you can without any folding or overlaps.
4. Bake for 25 minutes and check to make sure nothing is burning. If any pieces are getting very dark, pull them out. Continue baking the rest until it is all rich and dark like in these photos. The end result should be somewhat crispy, but it won’t come out of the oven like that–there will still be some bend.
5. Let bacon cool until it is rigid and glorious.
6. Enjoy straight up, on a sandwich, with eggs, on top of your freakin’ ice cream, or whatever the heck you want!
Isn’t it amazing?!?!